Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day to my daddy. You are, hands down, the best dad around. I really wish I could have transported myself home yesterday to be with my family for the usual but not-so-normal family get-togethers. I miss you people a lot.

Instead, Alli, Tiffani, Shawnna and I did some quality shopping and eating time. First stop was Urban Outfitters. That store is my vice, my weakness, and my wallet's mortal enemy (Along with Target). So, in normal fashion (fashion! ha!) I got something. These super cute oxford shoes that sang out to me from the racks and demanded that I purchase them. So I had no choice. If I had a nifty iPhone or something I would upload a picture, but just use your imagination.

Then we proceeded to the Public Market, which is a cook's Disneyland. There were spices, meats, cheeses, wines, meats galore, along with lobsters swimming around happily in their death tank. Obviously, I had little interest in being there for the ingredients, besides the aesthetic appeal, since "cook" is a four-letter word for me. And "bake" is too for that matter. [But, Carrie, you would loved this place!]

We had lunch at the Water Buffalo. And no, they did not serve water buffalo, that I know of. Sitting outside in the beautiful 76 degree breeze, alongside the river, sipping a delightfully girly Berry Key Lime Martini, was a great way to finish the weekend.


Today it was back to the grind. In a good way, though. :) Now Alli and I are holed up a cute little coffee shop called Brewed on Brady street.

Peace out, ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for experiencing cook's heaven for me and trying to appreciate it. i'll just be over here in the corner, stifling sobs and rocking back and forth until i get over the fact that i didn't get to experience it.

    sniff.

    ReplyDelete